Overall, pleased with this violin. I was looking for a full-size violin for my child from a reputable maker that wouldn't break the bank. We've purchased other less expensive Cremonas (here on Amazon) and the violin teacher has been impressed with the sound they make. That being said, it pays to be patient (if you have the time) as the price on Amazon does fluctuate (check camel camel camel .com).
1. Beautiful, even finish. The luthier we use was very impressed with the ebony detail on the underside, bottom part the neck.
2. Decent J. La Salle octagonal bow.
3. Bridge was already cut for the specific violin so no modifications were needed (at least with the one we got).
2. Great violin case. The TL-35 Travelite can hold 4 bows. It has a large covered compartment above the violin that's big enough to hold a chin rest and a tuner and 2 smaller covered compartments for items such as rosin and extra strings. The zippered outside pocket, the size of the case, can hold music. And it comes with 2 straps so you can backpack it.
1. Strings weren't very good. Plan on spending about $50 on a set of strings like
JSI Special 4/4 Violin String Set: Gold Label Ball-End E & Dominant A, D, and G Strings - Medium Gauge
2. The included tailpiece only has a fine tuner on the E string. If you want fine tuners on all the strings, then you can either purchase individual fine tuners for the other strings or buy a tailpiece with built-in fine tuners like we did:
Wittner 4/4 Violin Ultra Composite Tailpiece with 4-tuners and Nylon Tailgut
3. The sound post needed to be moved slightly.
We took the violin along with the new strings and tailpiece to our luthier. The installation, along with adjusting the sound post, cost us $20. Total additional cost for us was about $90.
Finally, the chin rest and tailpiece on the violin we received were the more traditional black in color - NOT brown as pictured.
|商品尺寸||59.69 x 20.96 x 9.53 cm; 453.59 克|
|制造商||Saga Musical Instruments|