I have this for 4 months now and am, frankly, quite disappointed with its software and functions. Yamaha is a trusted brand but I'm pretty certain the people who designed the software and the app do not use this product themselves. Here is a list of issues that bug me everytime I use, and I mean, everytime: -
1) the soundbar turns off by itself everytime you pause a movie for more than 5 minutes. Why? It's not like the soundbar is running on battery, is it? And when the soundbar is turned off, you'll have to restart the program again.
2) the app's design is retarded. To set the program for TV, movie, etc. and to adjust the volume, you'll have to navigate through multiple screens everytime. Meanwhile, the volume adjustment occupies the entire phone screen for whatever reason. All these functions could easily have fit into a single screen. The app developer obviously have not learnt Human-Computer Interfaces. You're supposed to make it convenient and minimise the number of taps, not maximise it!
3) the app does not remember your source of audio input. I have it on HDMI. Yet it will switch back to TV as the source everytime after it's turned off. Why? This is a soundbar, we care about the quality of our audio enough to buy a soundbar. Why would the source not be defaulted to HDMI but digital optical audio instead? Better still, remember our choices!
4) I'm using the soundbar for my TV. I don't wait to navigate past your Spotify or whatevernot just so i can adjust the volume of the movie I am watching, and set the type of program. Why can't you just put the volume control as the first screen?
5) the app could not be used when it's connected to other WiFi that has been inter-routed behind the scenes. My other WiFi connected appliances etc - security cameras, lightbulbs, switches and even my vacuum, are smart enough to not impede my WiFi setup but Yamaha? Why? You're the lone exception and that speaks a lot!
6) why does the app need my location to operate? Again, here you're the lone exception! Invade privacy much?!
7) the app will not reconnect if the WiFi is hidden. Why?
8) the support is merely lips service. How about doing your job and make sure that your customers' concerns are adequately addressed?
Don't even get me started on the physical remote control or issues with the light indicators on the sound bar themselves. Get something else. Yamaha is not like it used to be.
Yamaha, if you're reading this: please redesign your app with your customers' privacy and security in mind. And hire someone who has taken the course of HCI!
|商品尺寸||5.28 x 13.08 x 88.9 cm; 3.4 公斤|
|连接技术||Wi-Fi, HDMI, 蓝牙|