使用手机摄像头 - 扫描以下代码并下载 Kindle 阅读软件。
Modern Computer Architecture and Organization: Learn x86, ARM, and RISC-V architectures and the design of smartphones, PCs, and cloud servers, 2nd Edition (English Edition) Kindle电子书
A no-nonsense, practical guide to current and future processor and computer architectures that enables you to design computer systems and develop better software applications across a variety of domains
- Understand digital circuitry through the study of transistors, logic gates, and sequential logic
- Learn the architecture of x86, x64, ARM, and RISC-V processors, iPhones, and high-performance gaming PCs
- Study the design principles underlying the domains of cybersecurity, bitcoin, and self-driving cars
Are you a software developer, systems designer, or computer architecture student looking for a methodical introduction to digital device architectures, but are overwhelmed by the complexity of modern systems? This step-by-step guide will teach you how modern computer systems work with the help of practical examples and exercises. You'll gain insights into the internal behavior of processors down to the circuit level and will understand how the hardware executes code developed in high-level languages.
This book will teach you the fundamentals of computer systems including transistors, logic gates, sequential logic, and instruction pipelines. You will learn details of modern processor architectures and instruction sets including x86, x64, ARM, and RISC-V. You will see how to implement a RISC-V processor in a low-cost FPGA board and write a quantum computing program and run it on an actual quantum computer.
This edition has been updated to cover the architecture and design principles underlying the important domains of cybersecurity, blockchain and bitcoin mining, and self-driving vehicles.
By the end of this book, you will have a thorough understanding of modern processors and computer architecture and the future directions these technologies are likely to take.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of transistor technology and digital circuits
- Explore the concepts underlying pipelining and superscalar processing
- Implement a complete RISC-V processor in a low-cost FPGA
- Understand the technology used to implement virtual machines
- Learn about security-critical computing applications like financial transaction processing
- Get up to speed with blockchain and the hardware architectures used in bitcoin mining
- Explore the capabilities of self-navigating vehicle computing architectures
- Write a quantum computing program and run it on a real quantum computer
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers, computer engineering students, system designers, reverse engineers, and anyone looking to understand the architecture and design principles underlying modern computer systems: ranging from tiny, embedded devices to warehouse-size cloud server farms. A general understanding of computer processors is helpful but not required.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Computer Architecture
- Digital Logic
- Processor Elements
- Computer System Components
- Hardware-Software Interface
- Specialized Computing Domains
- Processor and Memory Architectures
- Performance-Enhancing Techniques
- Specialized Processor Extensions
- Modern Processor Architectures and Instruction Sets
- The RISC-V Architecture and Instruction Set
- Processor Virtualization
- Domain-Specific Computer Architectures
- Cybersecurity and Confidential Computing Architectures
- Blockchain and Bitcoin Mining Architectures
- Self-Driving Vehicle Architectures
- Quantum Computing and Other Future Directions in Computer Architectures
|5 星 (0%)||0%|
|4 星 (0%)||0%|
|3 星 (0%)||0%|
|2 星 (0%)||0%|
|1 星 (0%)||0%|
The other great part is that the book goes beyond what would normally be considered "computer architecture" by including sections on topics like cybersecurity, blockchains, artificial intelligence, and quantum computing. While these sections are not particularly deep, they are a great starting point to understand how these other domains relate to computer architecture and help the reader gain a breadth of knowledge in the field! The exercises at the end of each chapter are a nice starting point to investigate each specific topic more in-depth (the book provides a sense of direction from which you can then do outside research to understand and solve the exercises).
This book starts with a very interesting chapter about the history of computer architecture and its development in time, from the beginning to nowadays, passing for bitcoins, self-driving vehicles systems and quantum computing.
The author wrote a very nice review and description of the electronic components that are part of a computer. If you want to know about electronics or already know about it and want to go back to basis and enjoy solving problems and exercises, this book will give you a very enjoyable time.
I love specially chapter 4 which is about computer system components like RAM memories, I/O sub-systems, graphic displays, network interfaces, and chapter 5 which is about the relationship between hardware and software, the booting process, Bios, UEFI, etc.
If you like technology, electronics and computers, this book is for you and I can guaranty you that you are going to love this book as much as I do.